Friday, September 13, 2013

I'm a feminist, yes I said it

'Currently only 24% of women in the United States say that they consider themselves a feminist. Yet when offered a more specific definition of feminism -'A feminist is someone who believes in social, political, and economic equality of the sexes' - the percentage of women who agree rises to 65%.' -Sheryl Sandberg 

I know the word feminist is usually seen as an overpowered woman but in reality it's more like an empowered woman who would like equality in society and I'm all up for that. Therefore, I'm declaring myself a feminist for life because I'm sure this battle will take some time to conquer.   I would love for my children or at least grandchildren to be able to experience total equality, looking forward to it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment